Is it time to start training your boxer? Keep reading these with tips that can be very useful.
• The first is the first. Not all the work is from your boxer, you, as your coach, will also need to dedicate time, patience and energy. If both put the same effort, then you must end up with a well trained and obedient boxer.
• In training a boxer, it is vital to keep patience. Your boxer will not become a well trained dog in just one day, this will take time. Therefore it is important that you remain patient and constant. Remember, your time will be worth it.
• Boxer training should not be seen as an obstacle. Instead, it should be a fun task for you and your boxer. Think of it as an opportunity to create that special bond between man and dog.
• It is very important that the dog knows that you are the alpha leader. If he sees you as the alpha leader then he will be more likely to listen to you throughout the training process. Some easy ways to show your boxer that you are in charge always include eating your meals in front of them and not allowing him to walk through a door until you or your family has passed first.
• It is important to start with the basics when training a boxer. For example, a good place to start is simple commands, such as "sit," "still," and "come." When your boxer has learned these, you can move on to a more complicated formation.
• When training a boxer it is important that you remain constant. If you are inconsistent, this will only confuse your boxer and in turn make the training process much more difficult. For example, if you have chosen a command like "sit down," then stick with this, and then don't change it to something different, like "sit down now." So remember, consistency is the key.
• Along with consistency, repetition is also vital when training a boxer dog. For example, your dog will not learn the "down" command immediately. You will have to repeat it several times before your boxer does it automatically upon hearing it.
• An excellent way to encourage your boxer is to reward him when they do something correctly. A prize can be something like a hug or even a small food or candy prize.
• Sometimes, training a boxer dog can be a bit frustrating, however, no matter how frustrated you are, it is important that you never use physical punishment towards your boxer. This includes not hitting him and never yelling at your dog. If you use physical punishment, you can scare your dog and in turn delay his training. So remember, stay calm and serene at all times when training a boxer.
Remember, training a boxer dog will take time and effort, both yours and your dog, however, if you put effort and overtime into your boxer, it will become a well-trained and obedient dog. So, take the advice above and start training your beloved dog today.
As a proud owner of a fantastic and sociable boxer I can affirm that it is one of the best breeds that exist, although yes, each dog has its own personality that makes it more sociable, friendly or playful, it will depend on each case.
It is usually very dogs sociable, active and intelligentIt is undoubtedly one of the most complete dogs in terms of character and behavior that exist. It allows you to be groped and searched by its owners, it is quite missing and will love to follow you throughout the house trying to discover what you do.
Tremendously affectionate, although a bit rough, he will let himself be touched and massaged by children and adults (even by strangers) and that is that the boxer is a very nice dog who loves to play dumb and be excited in many moments.
Very loyal to his relatives, he will not hesitate to respond with barking if he understands that you are being threatened, he is also an excellent watchdog that will let you know in advance before someone rings your bell.
Although he is sympathetic and sociable with other dogs, the boxer never recoils in a fight, for this reason it is important to socialize it from an early age. It is not considered a potentially dangerous dog in most countries.
The socialization of the boxer
If we want to know how to educate a boxer dog, we must start from a young age, the boxer is a dog that needs to be socialized as a puppy and is that it is a very energetic and active dog.
Socialization is a gradual process that involves presenting the little puppy the activities and living things that you will know in the future. For this it is essential to go for a walk and interact with calm dogs, friendly people and good children. Everything you can give your little boxer puppy will be fantastic for when he is an adult. Try to avoid situations where you can have a bad time or be afraid.
You must include bicycles, cars and even all kinds of food in this process. The boxer is a curious dog that will follow you wherever you go to discover the world with you.
It is important to set with the whole family the rules that our new pet must meet and try to respect them at all times. Of course, it is important not to punish our boxer in any way, for this we use the positive reinforcement: reward the attitudes we do like.
Correct bad behaviors
All dogs behave "badly" once breaking a vase, nibbling on a shoe and even getting on our favorite couch. It is normal for certain actions to get angry but you must be clear about some things:
- The dog does not understand why you quarrel when he has spent a while of his wrongdoing
- Do not hit or quarrel if so, you will only generate discomfort and severe stress on the animal
- Using inappropriate methods encourages a negative and aggressive attitude in your pet
- If your dog has behaved in a way that is not correct, it is preferable that we use a "No" and change radically of site, activity etc. We must not punish him.
If the boxer dog tries to attack or is aggressive with another pet, it is preferable to leave the site as soon as possible, do not quarrel, remember that being subjected to aggressiveness increases the dog's stress levels, do not you want the anger to be redirected to you ?
If your dog urinates at home take it to the other side and clean the floor, before getting angry ask yourself, am I walking my boxer dog long enough? It is a dog with a lot of energy that should at least walk 30 minutes on each occasion, discover 7 exercises that you can practice with an adult dog.
Finally, in a situation where you discover that your beloved boxer has nibbled the entire sofa, do not be angry, breathe, leaving him alone for an excessive period of time is very harmful for him, a dog in great need of affection. For this we recommend that you leave several toys at your fingertips (with sound and without) and even that you consider adopting another pet.
He positive reinforcement It is undoubtedly the best technique to correct behaviors that displease us: it consists of rewarding attitudes and actions that we do like by means of sweets, caresses or affectionate words.
Although many people believe that positive reinforcement is only applied with food, the truth is that a dog attached to his master will appreciate more a kind gesture and a kiss than a piece of Frankfurt (although if they are both, much better!)
Boxer Puppy Learning
How to educate a boxer dog and how to teach certain orders will be a process for you and him since you will discover the best ways to communicate Between both. Beautifully accept physical cues as well as words, learn to communicate with him.
The first thing that your boxer puppy must learn will be to do his needs outside the house, it is a process that requires dedication but it is essential to learn it as soon as possible, that yes, before going out to the street he must have his first vaccines a day.
Once our puppy learns to do his needs, we can begin to teach him the basic training orders: sit, sit still, lie down, come here and walk with you.
We must not think that learning these orders are simple "monerías", on the contrary, teaching our boxer dog the basic orders will allow us to go to the field and that he responds, they are also a good way to make the dog feel useful since When performing certain actions, you receive a prize.
Everything you can teach your dog is a challenge for him and a super necessary stimulation of his intelligence. In general, boxers usually take an average of 10 to 20 repetitions to carry out an order. Practice with him every day about 5-10 minutes, too much time can stress them.
The boxer you can learn all kinds of tricks already in adulthood And is that food is a great way to reward your pet. Do not stop practicing and stimulate your dog constantly so that it is performed, among the advanced tricks we find more complex or other orders such as kicking, wallowing, starting Agility or others.
Dedicating time to your pet to improve orders and obedience strengthens your relationship and makes your dog an obedient and happy pet, is the best way to discover how to educate a boxer dog: with love and perseverance.
Remember that you must always comply with the basic requirements of dog care so that the whole learning process is good. A sad or stressed dog will not respond correctly.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to educate a boxer dog, we recommend that you enter our section of Basic Education.
Tips to properly educate a boxer
Knowing the positive and challenging characteristics of your boxer will be very useful, then, to understand it while you train it. It is an easy animal to train, as long as you assume the command role explicitly. Failure to do so may prove difficult to control and will become stubborn and demanding. For this reason, you should start with your education from day one and teach him to respect you as head of his pack.
Keep these tips in mind:
- Give it a short name, this will be recognized quickly>
More information on boxer education
We tell you some other information that may be useful during your dog's education process:
- Never hit it. With violence nothing is achieved. And besides, your boxer may become aggressive.
- Just scold him at the same time he had a bad behavior. If you do it later, your pet will not understand the reason for your challenge. Nor will he understand a congratulation for a behavior he has had before your complimentary words.
- When you have learned a new order, reward it. Keep in mind that some dogs respond better with games than with food during training.
- Make sure your boxer gets a lot of exercise. Otherwise, it can become boring and restless, and even exhibit unwanted behaviors.
- Involve your family in training your dog, so that he gets used to the command of each one of them. Remember that everyone must use the same criteria and the same words to express an order. Do not confuse the animal by giving contradictory directives.
- When you order something, you must show him that you are serious. Your expression and body language have to convey clear signals. If you are not firm enough, he will believe that you are playing and will not take you into account.
- It is also important that you socialize your dog, facilitating contact with other humans and also with other animals. If any negative behavior arises, correct it immediately.
Following these tips you will be able to live with an extremely pleasant animal and free of aggressive behaviors. Anyway, and if you consider it necessary, remember that - after 5 months - your pet is in a position to be trained by a professional.